A letter from a rescued soul ……………
Now that I’m home, bathed, settled and fed,
All nicely tucked in my warm new bed,
I’d like to open my baggage, Lest I forget,
There is so much to carry – So much to regret.
Hmmm…Yes, there it is, right on the top, Let’s unpack Loneliness, Heartache and Loss,
And there by my perch hides Fear and Shame.
As I look on these things I tried so hard to leave,
I still have to unpack my baggage called Pain.
I loved them, the others, the ones who left me,
But I wasn’t good enough – for they didn’t want me.
Will you add to my baggage? Will you help me unpack?
Or will you just look at my things – And take me right back?
Do you have the time to help me unpack?
To put away my baggage, to never repack?
I pray that you do – I’m so tired you see,
But I do come with baggage – Will you still want me?
Over the years therapies such as Reiki, Acupuncture, Homeopathy and Flower Essence Therapy have emerged as part the energy healing field that has been rediscovered from the wisdom and knowledge of ancient cultures. Used in modern times Reiki compliments both conventional and alternative therapies and can enhance their actions and lessen their side-effects. It is a powerful tool with people, horses and animals for emotional healing following physical or emotional trauma, abuse, neglect, fear & trust issues and also:
- Change of home
- Injuries & Accidents
- Emotional problems
- Behavioural problems
- Previous Ill treatment (no matter how long ago)
- Before & After surgery
- Pain Relief
- Old Age
- Liver problems
- General Illness
- Terminal Illness
Reponses & Reactions can Include:
- · Calm, peaceful feeling
- · Tummy gurgles (as the energy moves)
- · Tingling, Heat or Cold in one part or throughout the body
- · Drifting, mind wandering
- · Light Headedness
- · Heaviness in one or more limbs
- · Emotional upset or tears
- · Laughing
- · Sleepiness
- · Great tiredness
A treatment can be given in person, by placing hands at a short distance or can be sent across a distance as Reiki is energetic in essence. This is incredibly helpful for treating nervous, traumatised, stressed or highly strung animals.
Equine Responses & Reactions can include:
- · Nostrils & whiskers quiver,
- · Mouth becomes saggy, tension eases
- · Wrinkles around the eyes smooth
- · Softening of the eye or closing eyes
- · Yawning
- · Head drops
- · Vocal noises
- · Ears flick back & forth
- · Ears can go floppy
- · Pawing/stomping the ground
- · Relaxed hind leg (usually one nearest me)
- · Becoming itchy
- · Unsteady on legs
- · Deep sighs, back drops as relaxes
- · Muscle twitching
- · Swaying, unsteady on legs or leaning into pressure
- · Snorting & clearing airways
- · Licking & Chewing
- · Nudging familiar person
Each session usually lasts between 45 minutes to 1 hour, however this may differ due to your personal choice and individual’s. The session can be in the comfort of your home, garden or horses stable or field.